Friday, August 12, 2011

Time to go splunking

The next couple of months have me traveling a few times for work. Monday I'm headed to San Francisco to attend Splunk .conf2011. Splunk is a logging search tool for networks, a "Google for logs" I've been told. It can be used for so many different things: security, business, web, applications. So this probably means little to most who'll read this, but I'm excited.

Towards the end of September, I'll be headed to DerbyCon, in Louisville, KY. This event is similar in nature to the recently finished DefCon, in Las Vegas. It's a hacker convention, with talks covering a wide spectrum of topics, as well as a capture the flag type event, a lockpicking village, and a "hacker" theater. Again, I'm excited.

In the middle of October, I've been invited to give a talk at a small conference in Idaho. I'll be speaking on email security. This time there's a little bit of nervousness mixed with the excitement, but I'm looking forward to it.

Whew! Lots to do and only a little time!

No comments: