Sunday, August 7, 2011

My Soundtrack

When I worked on the flightline in Florida, I wanted my soundtrack to start off with Metallica's "Whiskey in the Jar". That heavy guitar riff playing as my crew and I walked out of the hangar, moving in slo-mo, hanging missiles and bombs off fighter jets. Perfect, right? Guns N' Roses' "Welcome to the Jungle" would have fit nicely too. And now, when I drive to work, Sammy Hagar's "I Can't Drive 55" has special meaning.

I like ballads, too, so my soundtrack would also include a bunch of slow songs. Things like GNR's "Patience", Marc Cohn's "Walking in Memphis", James Taylor's "Sweet Baby James", Matt Nathanson's "Come On Get Higher". (Don't let your kids listen to that last one. That's more for the "romance time" of life, not the sentimental ones.) The point is, there are a lot of songs that speak to me, as I'm sure there are for other people.

So, question for today: What songs do you want on your soundtrack?

No comments: