Monday, October 10, 2011

Tree trimming

I spent most of this past Saturday trimming back our tree in the front yard. It was hanging out in the street a bit farther and lower than the city evidently likes. (I know this because the city sent me a letter telling me so.) Instead of letting the city take care of the issue and charge me for it, I figured it wouldn't be too much to do it myself. One of these days, I'll learn not to figure!

Here's what the tree looked like before I started:



Both of these are copies of the pictures the city took.
I forgot to take pics before I started.

Here's the pile of limbs I hauled to the alley. I actually had to cut up a few of the limbs because they were too big to drag back.




And here's the finished tree:


Now my wife can make this right turn without
scrapping the top of the truck! 

That little bit hanging over is just over the sidewalk.
Seriously!

Hopefully, this makes everyone concerned happy. Just one more example of the new things you end up doing as a homeowner.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You did a great job, John! That is an example of how a concerned citizen should be. Aside from your family, everyone who will drive and pass by that street will benefit from the wise move that you’ve done! Aside from road widening, the safety of motorists can be attained with a bit of tree trimming.

Keira Dartez